Sunday, October 23, 2011

Just Beginning

     So I really don't know why I started a blog. My wife, Paula, had brought it up a few times that I should start a blog, but I just always blew it off. My excuse was always that I'm not a writer. Well the other day she mentioned it to me again, so I finally said that I would. It has taken me a few days however, to write a blog, if that is what this is. I don't know what I'm gonna write about on here. So I think I'm just going to write briefly about what's been going on recently. So here goes....

     Well in two days my dad is leaving to go to Romania for three weeks. He is going to visit an orphanage that some very dear friends of ours started. While he's there he is going to build some cabinets in the kitchen there at the orphanage and whatever other work needs to be done while he's there. We can't wait to hear the stories when he gets back. We are really excited for him.

     So we spent all day yesterday with the family. Which was a lot of fun. They got one of the ponies out and hooked it up to the small cart. And I think most everyone got to ride on it. My nieces had some the biggest smiles on their faces. And it was my wife's first time to ride. She was a little scared. She didn't really trust the pony. We had a blast with the family. Sadly we don't get to see them as often as we would like.

     Well Paula has been making cookies for the past hour or so, and she's just about through, so since it's late and we both have to be at work early tomorrow, I'm going to wrap this up. There are many more things that I want to write about, but it will wait til another night at home. But I want to leave whoever reads this with one thing, which I had to tell my wife earlier, because she wasn't wanting to go to back to school tomorrow, I had to remind her that she needed to choose joy in this situation and to be like Christ at school. So choose joy and be like Christ. Til next time.

1 comment:

  1. Well, well, I think your blog will be just fine and I for one enjoyed it. I'm very tickled to be your first follower. lol Your father is a very special man. I wish I had been there to get a ride with the pony! When you get a chance check out and follow my blog: http://barbara-moorewhimsies.blogspot.com/ I think Paula does already and I'm going to be having a giveaway soon that you might even enjoy winning.

    Hugs XX
    Barbara

    ReplyDelete